Ennucula tenuis (Montagu, 1808)
A very common benthic bivalve mollusk of arctic seas.
- Length to 19 mm. Adults usually 10-13 mm.
- Periostracum olive-yellowish or brown to dark brown, shiny.
- Inside – white, with some iridescence.
Habitat & Distribution
- Infaunal. On different types of sediments from silty sand to silt, often with gravel or stones. Rare on sand.
- Widespread boreal-arctic
- Detritus feeder
- Mucous egg capsules on the surface of sediments
- Sex ratio 1:1
Page Author: Andrey Voronkov
Created: July 10, 2010